Friday 27 February 2009

Nah Model near completion




Sigh...the last two days has been somewhat eventful, well except for today that is. Today I came in with a mission in mind, to get fruther in the completion of my compositing project, but today turned out to be a crappy, F.U.B.A.R. experience. I was basically trying to export my my movie file into Maya to work on and the difficulties I faced on that was just a real itch. First the computer wouldn't let us render or save, it was saying that the name we save it in is invalid even though it gives us a name to save by default. Also after Gareth hepled me for so long trying again and again magic D. Shufflebothom and his sidekick Dan Edgely I think, came to the rescue and finally managed to get it exported into Maya after so much hassle with naming the files right, because of Mayas knit-picking. This took me well overe lunchtime, but it didn't stop there. The footage was to slow to work with because the tiff files were too big, so we had to import again and...yeah it was just a bad day but I found a solution to my problem.
Anyways let's go to something more positive, yesterday Jamie came in and helped me with my mask and head plus Lewis helped me with it as well, above are the results. Also the skirt was a lot more simpler to do than the tutorial I posted Jamie used a tool make a poloygon and extruded it to fit around my character and cut vertices in it to make it into a cloth-like skirt.
I'm very happy with my model so far, it could use some more tweaking but, I'm considering texturing it in a very short while. Also Lewis gave me a great tip to speed up the modelling process of my work flow. Since I'm gonna model another human character, he suggested that I cut and save some body parts from the Nah model and mold them to the character I want. So I'm think of deleting the character I have but only leave the torso and modle it into the shape I want.
Time is running out so I think this may be a pretty solid method so it's worth trying, ain't got nothing to lose, well maybe I do but not something serious. Anyway stay tuned for my next post, because the next model will be Bak Bak Van Bak.

No comments:

Post a Comment