Wednesday 11 February 2009

Aztec Bros











Well It took a while but I've done it. In this part It shows the 2 bros Bak and Dook. Like with my previouse 2 designs I had to come up with faces with different expressions to get a certain feel for each character, the decision I made on each facial expression is based upon their biogarphy (see older posts). Bak is supposed to be this mischeivious looking person, so I wanted to draw someone with long hair to obscure his face a little, heh got that idea from one of the villians in Resident Evil Degeneration. Here in pic 1 you can pretty much tell obviously, oh the picture with the hoowww! I was drawing him in a trance like state for a sacrificial seremony. In picture 2 I drew and inked him in to make things easier for when it comes to colouring in Photoshop. It was important for me not to design this character with loads of complicated designs and accessories, like the Aztec people usually have. It would only give me a royal itch in the ass when it comes to modeling. As for the colours, I had in mind that all three brothers should have this on going colour, brown and red. As for the skin tone it wasn't hard, it's just a matter of using reference and trying to get that skin colour right. Picture 3 is the end result, the hair I was going to do black, however I wanted something to stand out from the black lines, so I made it brown which suited him very well.
Next is dook, the glottonous one. Picture 4 is my final design of him, now if you look above he actually has hair, but as I was drawing him out in full body, I thought to myself "Leave the hair...hey that looks cool" the hair made him look incomplete, so he turns out a boldy in the end.
The facial expressions are showing that he's not that bright, as you can see from his size he is the muscle of the three. Though I must admit wit was pretty tricky trying to get him to look right, I decided to add him shouting as though he was going "Doooooooooahhhhhhhhhh!!". His speech is composed of grunts and moans, remember? As for the pose I just did a generic clueless pose to put across what he is. Yes I didn't do a second one, but that will be up soon. The reason for Baks second pose is that I simply wanted the audience to have a better understanding of his personality. The same method was applied for Dook, draw, ink, scan and colour. Also the painting on each of the faces symbolises a kind of war paint if you may, Bak has the lines Dook has the super hero mask and the third one...? Oh yeah look at the next post, Dooks colour is in there too.




No comments:

Post a Comment