Sunday 1 February 2009

Kieth hot biscuit Mcgee







Well here he is in his colour glory. I thought that I would do a little bit more with the colouring but I though this is strictly for design refernce purposes. So I decided not to add any highlights, lighting or anything the like.
As far as the design goes I feel pretty happy about it, its seems simple enough to build in Maya, at least I hope anyways becuase my Maya skills are next to none. I made sure I kept to the design reference that I posted previously, becuase obviously I want him to feel at home in the kind of evnironment he's in, which is a forest or jungle, one of the two.
As for the way i feel about the drawing itself, I tried out a new tutorial today and it helped me quite a bit. It's been so long since I've used Photoshop and I know I xan make it look a hell of a lot better, but as I said before this is purely for desing reference purposes and the fact I have to design 5 characters and model two of them, doesn't leave me a lot of time to linger on a picture perfect design. I know for sure that I'm gonna run into a lot of problems when it comes to modelling and I'm gonna need all the time I can get to complete them. Which brings me to the point that I'll have to choose wisely on what I want to model. Kieth is a human and I modelled an Anthropomorphic character before last summer. So I know I have a better chance of modelling Kieth but as for a gorilla, that's a big NO. So I'll just to two humans instead.
The process I used to create this picture is I first drew the expressions then when I was satisfied I drew the whole body with the clothing reference in mind. Then I inked it and scanned it into Photoshop and coloured it. Next I have two more posts of Kieth which is a sheet containing poses plus the 390 rotation of his head and the model sheet. Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment