Tuesday 24 February 2009

Head & Mask Attempt








It looks pretty basic right now, so I dunno if it's right to be calling it a success or not. No problems were encountered here, so here's the method I used.
1. First I created a sphere by going to Create-Polygons Primitive-Sphere.
2. I scaled it to the size I wanted and positioned it to align with the top of the torso.
3. Next I deuplicated it and chopped it in half, by this time I realised they were too round according to the reference I had so I decided to select both and slim them down a bit.
4. Lastley I did the same process for the sphere except I went to cylinders. Then it was a matter of aligning them and that was it.
I'm not sue how I go about making the mask look good, like how to make the cylinders merge into the mask. Also the 2 holes for the eyes needs to actually seem like holes that the eyes see through, not just texture. I'm gonna need Alexs help for this however, I got no clue on when he's gonna show up, otherwise it's gonna be another study lesson of looking in my Maya book. Either way times running out and I don't have time to idle. I think If I manage to get this model done before the deadline then that's a real achievement for me, it would be nice to have to but I'd have to be sniffing something to think I can get that done. Sigh....anything else I need to say...well I've been working nearly two hours on maya and posting anyways so I might as well take a break, but before that I got one more thing to do, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment