Thursday 5 February 2009

Jappa designs






Alrighty finally another character pose. If you take a look at my older post about the short biography on my charaters, you'll will know that I wanted Jappa to have this "This don't worry be happy attitude". On the first page face 1, I had always envisioned him with a big rasta hat and some dreads however, the hat appealed to me but not the dreads. So I though I'd leave them out in face 2, since the idea that he's possibly jamiacan would be obvious enough, especially with the big smile that he has. Although I was a bit afarid that people might mistake him to be Arabic or something, since his hat looks like the Sultan from Disney's Aladdin.
Though I did the furry coat that Silverback Gorillas have, I thought that he looked a bit too hairy in face 2, 3, 4 and 5. In face 4 I wanted to show him looking worried, but I think he looks cluesless, which he is when handling equiment. In face 5 he obviously looks angry and face 6, he's just got that relaxed laid back look which he always has, notice that I made the fur a lot less hairy and I added a haiwaiian shirt to put more emphasis on his laidback attitude.
The deal with the poses, is that I was trying to get a feel on how to draw the structure of a gorrila. In pic 2 you can see the front 3/4 and side view. And finally you see Jappa in his full glory. I think this pic puts across the ideas that showing quite well. What do you guys think, yes I know you're folowing me so any advice would be helpful. Next is the Aztec people designs, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment