Tuesday 24 February 2009

Hand Refinement


Short post on this one. Yup as you can see I've refined the hand, wasn't too much trouble just a simple matter of adding vertices to improve the shape and flow of the topology. There's not much to say on these pics. they're all self explanatory.....however

There's another problem bugging me. The skirt that my charater wears is something I'm gonna need to conquer. But After looking at the Maya book, I figured that it's going to have to do something with Isoprams. I just have to locate the tool and see if I can apply it to my model, but my spidey sesnses tingling tells me it's not gonna be easy. Since we're on the subject of clothing I found this interesting tutorial on Youtube about ncloth wrinkles in maya. It basically shows you how to create a bed sheet of sorts that looks like it flows in the wind as it drops through the air. See interesting. Anyways I did try to create the skirt by clicking the waistline verticey points and extruding them take a look at the bottom.









Yeah the first attemp was when I selected the poinst and decided to extrude, Maya decided to do this for me....strange isn't it? Next I decide to use the move tool and this is the result, look at the next pic for all you boys and girls who want a little fanservice LOL!
Yeah needs some work, obviously not the right approach to go through, so I'll have to play master Splinter and ponder on this matter further. Although before I do that or more ideally in the mean time I'll start on the head...how hard can that be? Stay tuned, peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment