Wednesday 25 February 2009

Nurbs Patch Modelling....Socking? Part 2


Alrighty from what the book says, it will impossible to connect these two into a smooth transition because of the toplogy, so the sphere will have to be rebuilt using the rebuild surfaces opt (option). I will have to create more spans for it.

Like this. I made a mistake in this pic, I thought the sphere has a 8 spans in bot the U and the V but it looks like one of them had 10. You'll see what I mean by looking in the rebuild surfaces option. Phew got a little confused there, the book says to cut it into 9 pieces, you see each thick line represents the end of a particular surface, so I had to make sepearations 3 verticle lines and 3 horizontal 3X3= 9.
Like this, I know you can't see to well but if you look for the thick blue line, imagine those from left to right and top to bottom. The two colours represent two different surfaces. Next I'd have to do the same thing for the Cylinder then selct the 4 isoparms that flow to the corner of the sphere....Like this. Afterwards I delete the both ends of the cylinder and I select the top of the cylinder and the top of the sphere. Then I select the attach surfaces tool with the rebuild surfaces tool, while making sure I use the keep CVs option.
Like this. Seems like we're well I'm almost there, just need to close the gaps in the corners. Argh! my photoshop does not want to work for me now but I'll try and post an image later all that's happened is that I did the same process for the corners in the sphere. Jus make sure when you cut the isoparms it's where the two surfaces joined, for a while I've been selecting the thick ones. You'll know you've got it when you try to select the 2 and one of them is purple.

Wait, wait...it's working. Well here you know what I'm talking about, but interestingly enough it seems that the joining process will only work if you do it in a particular order, or maybe it's just me, but it seems that whenever I choose a surface to attach it would go nuts on its self. Oh well nearly done.
COMPLETE: Now to get this you do a whole selection on the whole model and you use the Global stiching tool. Ideally this is supposed to close the remaining gaps however, it didn't but you can sort it out by clicking on any surface that you stiched, and in the inputs section you fiddle around with the max separation value, in small increments until the gaps go. In this case the value was 0.1 so I put it up to 0.5. Well I hope this will be useful, it should be because there's a section where it says detach the hips surfaces, this is what is done to make the skirt but it then goes on to say component mode....? Anyways it seems that the book shows how to model using polygons and in NURBS, this is you need lots of visualisation experience in order for it to look perfect. Well I'm sure this isn't the only way to model a skirt but at least I've found a tutorial that may help my problem solving. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment