Sunday 22 February 2009

The hand Is here Baby!

SUCCESS!: Man on man I'm very pround of this. Primitive but proud, this is what happened when I attempted this. First the thin you have to do after refining the arm is extrude the faces at the end of the arm to the rough length of the palm. However surprise, surprise a problem happened. There are 4 faces at the end of the arm and when i extruded 3 of them went backwards and 1 forward, when I tried pulling the otherway it did the opposite. After racking my brain for a few minutes I took a look at the faces and deleted them when one of them went inwards, but no luck the same thing happened. I pressed Z to redo and take a closer look, I couldn't figure out what was going wrong, that is until I turned 3/4 close up on the edge of the arm and saw I had 2 faces imbedded into eachother. How this happened is beyond me, but I deleted them and thank God Almighty that solved the problem. Phew, next.

Success: The palm had to have and extra edge to help define the knuckles. In fact I'd say the edge was just behind, so I used the edge loop tool and like the book said pull the edge upwards a bit. It also helps to extrude just the faces that will be the fingers, but to do that I'd have to create 4 parts with the edge tool. I also had to pull some vertices back and join and merge some of them in order for the typology flow smoothly....at least look like it's flowing smoothly.

Success: Ah here they are the fingers, my proudest achievement of this model so far. To save trouble it's better to extrude one, then get that finger into shape before doing the other, unlike the last time I did all 4 together and it caused hell for me. Anyways there were loads on vertices to move and scale, pull back move forward line up and so forth. The thumb was done in the same fashion except it came out as just a big block when extruded, so it needed an edge ring tool to help with refining the shape of the thumb. I also intend to do the same with the fingers for refinement.



Success: I'm really happy with this right now. This is the result of it looking smooth....I know I'm not out of the woods yet, far from it. But I'm happy to know I succeeded without too much hassle unlike last time. Well next ting is some refining and I'm gonna try and create the skirt...that should be interesting, also if everything goes according to the plan I'll have the basic head too. So, stay tuned...gonna rest now.


No comments:

Post a Comment