Tuesday 24 February 2009

The Gods, The Funnies and the Inspirations

This is I'm sure you know the famous band Gorillaz artist is by Jamie Hewlett. The thing I like about this art piesce is the simplicity of lines he uses on the characters and the fact that not much shading is involved but it still manages to make the art stand out.
Ah yes Timon, from Timon and Pumbaa he definitely played a part in my character creations especially Jappa, the Jamiacan silverback Gorilla


Sean Galloway... me, Lewis, Josh dunno about sam though are all envious of his simplistic style and his ultra light use of lines to help for his characters. We all wish we could draw like him.

Khary Randolph, if there was an artist I'd like to be like he would be one of them. This man has worked on numerous projects for numerous cartoon and comics one of them being Nickelodeon. Here's his website to learn more...http://www.kharupt.com/



Oh my gosh this guy's sick hot! At drawing I mean. His style reminds me of Disney a little. He definitely sent me into a drawing frezny when I was trying to step away from anime. There are other artist out there but these are the ones I wanted to show. I'm alwas thinking and trying to expand and right now I'm in the middle of creating my own storyline and characters for my own amusement, I'm also working on an experimental style so keep it on the down low you dig?
Here's the web address...http://www.herrerabox.com/blog/



Since I didn't do any research, from the industry. I decided it was time to go ahead and do it. Now this vid was not what I had in mind to post. You see the vid is about the making of God Of War 2 but I wanted God Of War, but this is good enough I suppose. It bascically shows how they took Greek mythology the mentality of the main character Kratos and mold it into a sick videogame. If you haven't played this game or the one before it GO BUY IT NOW! I'm serious.













Ahhh....this show has held a special place in my heart. Whose Line is it Anyway I know I did this before but I wanted to do another to refresh y'all memories. This is the inspiration I used to get the idea for a spoof informercial. Just watch it, it's good...it's got high views on Youtube so it must be good.







No comments:

Post a Comment