Wednesday 25 February 2009

Nurbs Patch Modelling....Socking? Part 1

Yo, today I'm stepping away from my model for a bit and I'm learning about Nurbs Patch modelling. There's a method that I've come across called Socking, I haven't gone deep into it but it but I know that it can help when modelling difficult complex shapes like the shoulders for instance. What's going on up in that picture above is a detached sphere, it has been detcahed by me making it into an isoparm which turns it blue. Now when that happen you have to look for the linethat seems ticker than the rest andwhen you've found it, you select it and you then select the detach surfaces tool and it will cut it in half. The tool is the 4th from the left in the tool box. After that you then turn it into an isoparm and look for the thick line oppsosite the one you cut. Then you delete.

The reason why I'm learning this is because in my Maya 7 book it models 2 characters one of them being female. After looking through some of the section on the female it came to a bit where it said detcah the hips surface at the second isoparm. This section is in regards to creating the skirt, so I'm gonna learn the basics about isoparms in order to create a skirt for my character. Now what I'm gonna do with the cylinder and the sphere is turn it into a one joined object that looks like a simplified version of an arm and shoulder. I'll post some images of my progress as I go along. This is the first part, so stay tuned for the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment