Sunday 25 January 2009

Scotsman Conceptaulization Head


Right finally managed to develop some sketches of the heads of the scotsman. The scotsman is basically a grumpy sxity year old man who suffers from narcolepsy and has a short fuse. Although he does have a love and passion for ancient ruins, tombs and he is very serious when it comes to survival. After taking these characteristics into consideration I began doodling the possibilities. I dunno why but I thought a character with a big looking nose would be appealing to the audience, I really like the head in the middle but, it makes him look French rather than Scottish. I decided to then make the nose rounder, when I showed my friend this he started cracking up, and said he liked it especially the bush underneath which makes it look a bit phallic.
This is a good thing so at least I know the appeall is there.
However the naked eyes was to me not making the character "complete", he needed to have some sort of intelligence to him. So I thought the most overused thing that makes people seem intelligent or geeky is glassess. This made me like the design of him even more because it just adds a lot more emphasis to this intelligent element about him. Well 1 down 4 more to go!
Haven't thought of a name yet, hmm....how does Keith wet blanket or maybe wet biscuit Mcgee sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment