Thursday 22 January 2009

The Breif Infomercial

Well since my tutor Jared has given me the go ahead I' ll review what it is that I going to try and achieve.

1. The Breif I have chosen is brief C, but it isn't going to be an advertisement but an informercial. The purpose of this informercial is to have to characters dicuss and demonstrate the equipment that is necessary to survive in an Aztec temple. I'm not entirely sur who the second character will be but I'm certain that it will have the Scotman in there, but there will be slight changes to his personality and possibly what motivates him. The idea came from a comedy show called, Whose line is it anyway. The show consists of four actors, that are given different scenarios to act and improvise in. The shows intended audience is, I would say for early teens and upwards. My informercial isn't ment to be taken seriously, it's a spoof.

2. The first stage of this is 2D conceptualization, it will consist of designing 5 characters, each with their own biography, models sheets and expression sheets. Afterwards I'll chose the two that I like the most and model them. Modelling is a skill that I'm not aquainted with very well so, it will be some good practice. Also some rough sketches of some Aztec temple and some research in what location they are found in wouldn't hurt, I don't think. The look of it I'm not entirely sure but I'm thinking towards a cartoony, comic book style.

3. Learning outcomes for me personally is to design a character effectively, by this I mean not to just design the character on a whim. I want the audience to get what it is that I am trying to put across with the character that I'm designing, for example is he or she flirty, angry, brave, scary intelligent etc. Next learn how to model to a good standard using a variety of techniques, methods and effects to overcome any problems that I'll encounter (there will be loads). Finally learn how to manage myself like scheduling planning etc.

Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment